I am very excited to announce that I have received the honor of being nominated for a Liebster Blog Award by Ara at Mom From Lucban. Thank you very much for the nomination, Ara. So, you all may be wondering what exactly a Liebster Award is. Liebster is a German word that means favorite, dearest, or beloved. The award originated with a German blogger and is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers as a way to bring more attention, traffic, and followers to their blogs. Now that I've been nominated, I have to answer 11 questions from Mom From Lucban, list 11 things about me, nominate 11 other bloggers, and list 11 questions for them to answer.
Questions from Mom From Lucban:
1.What’s your favorite book?
I absolutely LOVE books! I can't say that I have a particular favorite though. When I was a little girl, my favorite was Little Women by Louisa May Alcott, but then I discovered The Little House Series by Laura Ingalls, Wilder, The Secret Garden, Great Expectations, and Les Miserablés. In middle school, I remember crying when reading the heartbreaking No Greater Love by Danielle Steele. As an adult, I have fallen completely in love with all of Nicholas Sparks' books as well as the Left Behind Series by Jerry B. Jenkins and Tim LaHaye but I have also recently discovered Ted Dekker and Jodi Picoult. Basically, I just love books!
2. Favorite TV show?
I honestly hardly ever watch TV anymore. In fact, we don't have cable and our TV wasn't even plugged in for months after we moved in to our current apartment. I watched a lot more TV in the past but even then, I always preferred to read. I used to watch Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, Ghost Whisperer, and Gilmore Girls regularly in the last few years before I had kids.
3. Your dream vacation spot?
I would LOVE to visit Venice, Italy one day but I would also like to visit Brazil.
4.Your favorite gadget? Why?
My favorite gadget is my new Nook Color. I have all of my classwork for my online Montessori class downloaded on it, can also read books and can go online and keep my Facebook page updated on it. The best part is it's handheld so I can use it while nursing my boys to sleep, which has made a HUGE difference in my being able to keep up with my class!
5.What’s the one thing you can’t leave home without?
My kids! Just kidding, they are not things but I rarely ever go out without them. I can't leave the house without my keys (can't start the car or get back in the house) or my phone (I am out with two babies and need the phone to call for help in case anything were ever to happen to us).
6.Who’s the one person you truly admire? Why?
The one person I truly admire is Jesus. He lived a blameless life and died on the cross to pay for all of our sins, who else would do something like that?
7.When did you decide to start blogging?
I decided to start blogging when Daniel was about 5 months old. I found myself reading and researching a lot during my pregnancy and the early months postpartum and, one day, it suddenly occurred to me that other people were probably researching the same topics as me. I then decided that I would write about my findings and try to create a site where parents could come for all sorts of information and so this blog began.
8.What’s your philosophy in life?
Always put God first, then family, then everything and everyone else.
9.When was the last time you cried? Why?
The last time I cried was a few days ago, on New Year's Eve, as I read this story: http://lovelightlaughterandchocolate.blogspot.com/2012/12/be-with-me-just-for-today.html, which I will be blogging about soon. Please, please, please anchor all your furniture to the wall to keep your children safe!
10.Your happiest moment?
I honestly can not pick a specific moment in my life that was the happiest. I was pretty happy on my wedding day, the day I graduated from college, and after the births of each of my babies but there have also been so many moments since that have filled me with joy.
11.One achievement you’re most proud of?
Not giving up on breastfeeding! Despite a rough start both times, little support at first, and many bumps along the way, I have now been breastfeeding for a total of 25 (almost 26) months and tandem nursing for almost 7! It's been tough but it's SO worth it!
11 Things About Me:
1. I have been married for 5 years.
2. I have two boys under the age of 3.
3. I am a Christian.
4. I was born in the Dominican Republic.
5. I have a Bachelor's degree in Psychology.
6. I would like to one day be an Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC).
7. Growing up, we moved around a lot and I attended two elementary schools, two middle schools, and two high schools.
8. I moved to Queens, New York when I was two, New Jersey when I was 16 and then Florida, where I now live, when I was 19.
9. I am completely fluent in Spanish.
10. I love chocolate.
11. I'm basically a nerd (not the Star Wars or Lord of the Rings kind) and may even be considered boring.
1. Natural and Nourished Family
2. Squiggles & Wiggles
3. Lindsay Leigh Bentley
4. New Wave Feminists
5. The Water Archives
6. Life As We Know It
7. "Mommy Buddy" from the Planet Autism
8. The Helpful Garden
10. Hope Wears Heels
11. Naturally Free RD
My 11 Questions for Them:
1. When did you decide to start blogging and why?
2. What is your philosophy in life?
3. What is the one achievement you're most proud of?
4. Who is the person you most admire and why?
5. What is something new that you have learned recently?
6. What is your favorite movie?
7. What is the best book that you have read recently?
8. What is your favorite season of the year and why?
9. What is your dream vacation spot?
10. What is at the top of your bucket list?
11. What is a pet peeve of yours?
Alright nominees, it is now your turn to answer these 11 questions, tell us 11 things about yourselves, nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers, and ask them 11 questions. Don't forget to let them know that you've nominated them. Congratulations on becoming a Liebster Blog!